TikTok has millions of videos from its active user database, which will suit your needs regardless of the type of content you are into. There are hundreds of thousands of videos touching on different genres, from comedy to DIY, memes, and funny cat videos. You will usually come across a video that you like and would like to save to watch again or show your friends and colleagues. Unfortunately, as the feed refreshes, finding the video again can be a challenge.
Fortunately, there is a way you can view these videos again anytime you like. If you are just learning about this feature and don’t know how to use it, follow our guidelines on how to see favorites on TikTok and add them to favorites.
A Short Guide on How and Where to Find Your TikTok Favorites
Learning how to favorite TikTok hashtags, sounds, and videos is essential for any new TikTok user. So we want to show you how to favorite videos on TikTok.
A Favorites Feature on TikTok
Adding a video to favorites can save you lots of time and effort you can spend trying to find an old TikTok video. Follow these steps to learn how to add a video to TikTok favorites:
- Launch the TikTok app.
- Scroll through your TikTok feed until you come across a video you like.
- Look for the share icon from the row icons on the right side of your screen.
- Click it and choose “add to favorites” to add the video to favorites.
Adding a hashtag to favorites is easy. Hashtags are also helpful when you are trying to search for videos that contain hashtags.
- Type in the tag you are searching for.
- Locate the bookmark icon below the tag you want to favorite.
- Click “add to favorites” to add the hashtag to favorites.
Favorite Sounds and Effects
You might come across a TikTok video and fall in love with its music rather than the video itself. Follow these steps to add the video to favorites:
- Open the video playing with the song you like.
- Look below the share button at the bottom right corner of your screen for a circular-shaped icon.
- Tap on the icon and choose “add to favorites” to save the song in the sounds menu.
If you are a TikTok content creator, you can add favorite songs to your videos by clicking on the “favorites tab” when the option to add sound comes up.
Effects are a useful tool for detailing and customizing TikTok videos. Here is how to save TikTok effects:
- Choose the effect you want to favorite.
- Press “sticker” after the effect appears on your screen to add it to favorites.
To remove it from favorites, head to “effects” and press “sticker.”
Finding Favorites on TikTok
After learning how to favorite videos, sounds, hashtags, and effects, the next step is learning how to look at favorites on TikTok. Here is how to do that:
- Tap on your profile icon at the bottom right corner of the page.
- Look for the favorites icon under “edit profile.”
- Click on the icon to view all your favorite videos.
You can also find other things you have selected as favorites, such as sounds and effects. Check under the different tab categories at the top of the “favorites” page. For example, videos will be under the “videos” tab, sounds under the “sounds” tab, and effects under the “effects” tab.
TikTok has incorporated a lot of features to improve user experience. If you had problems finding old videos you liked, using the favorites feature will end your problems. Follow the step-by-step guides we shared to learn how to favorite TikTok videos.