TikTok is an exciting social media platform that allows people across the globe to share short videos. So, if you have successfully gained popularity on TikTok, the next step would be to expand to other platforms, right?
Unfortunately, downloaded videos from TikTok come with a watermark. While these watermarks can be helpful, you probably do not want them showing when you post your TikTok video on Instagram or other social networks.
So how do you remove these watermarks? Would you like to discover how to remove watermark from TikTok, keep your video clear, and engage your audience?
This article will explain what a TikTok watermark is and several approaches on how you can remove it. Read on to find out more.
What Is a TikTok Watermark?
TikTok watermarks are digital stamps laid over a TikTok original video. Generally, a watermark aims to inform people about the media source.
Therefore, you cannot post it on social media platforms or anywhere else without giving credit to the source.
The TikTok watermark comes with the app’s logo and the content maker’s username. Also, TikTok makes the watermark bounce around the video. Thus, you might have some challenges removing it, but it is still possible
How to Remove TikTok Watermark
You can remove TikTok watermark from your video in several ways, and this article will cover four of the best methods. These methods work for both Android and iOS devices, so you should have no problem using them.
Most of the approaches in this article require you to download your video first. Here’s how you do that:
- Open TikTok.
- Tap the Share button.
- A row of TikTok accounts and apps you can share to will appear.
- Scroll to the third row and tap “Save Video.”
- Now, the video should be saved on your phone.
Before moving forward, it is essential to know that it is unethical to post other people’s content without giving them credit.
Hence, you should only use these tips on your own content or on media you have permission to do so. Now that that’s out of the way, you will find how to remove watermark from TikTok below.
Crop the Video
Cropping a video to remove a watermark is probably the most straightforward method. However, note that this approach will affect the aspect ratio of the video. This means that if you want to share the video on a platform with similar video dimensions as TikTok, your content will have black margins around it.
Furthermore, cropping does not work all the time. This is because you might crop parts of your body or elements essential to the video. Hence, if you have important elements around the edge of the video, you need to use a different method.
If you are willing to risk changing the video’s aspect ratio and removing important elements, then this is the method for you. Here are steps on how to remove TikTok video watermarks by cropping the media:
- Open the Photos app and find the video.
- Tap on “Edit.”
- Select the Crop icon that appears at the bottom of your screen.
- Adjust the dimensions of your media until you crop out the watermark.
- Remember that the watermark moves around, so you need to crop several areas around your video.
- Once you are happy with the cropping, tap on “Done.” This will save your work.
- After saving your video, play it and check if you are happy with the results. If you are not with the “crop video” method, you might need to try something else.
Save the Video Without a Watermark
There is a way you can download TikTok videos without the watermark. The best part about this technique is that you do not need to download any watermark remover apps from Google Play or the App Store.
You can even download some of these platforms, such as SnapTik, on your mobile phone. Nevertheless, you do not have to download any apps; the websites work great.
Here are steps on how to download TikTok videos without watermarks.
- Open TikTok.
- Press “Share.”
- Tap “Copy Link”
- Open your web browser and use one of the various online tools
- Paste the video link you copied from TikTok.
- Give the online video editor some time to process the video.
- Tap “Download” and save your video.
Some platforms allow you to download a video without watermarks or with watermarks. But, you shouldn’t have any problems figuring out which option you want. The method works best if you want to use your PC instead of your smartphone.
Note that these apps and websites do not have any affiliation with TikTok, so they might stop working depending on TikTok updates.
Use an App
You can find numerous tools and apps to help you remove watermarks from TikTok videos. Unlike a crop tool, these apps work well to remove watermark from video found on your phone. All you have to do is import the video onto the app and let it bypass the watermark.
You have an overwhelmingly high number of apps to choose from. Some of these include TikSaver, SaveTok, and others. These tools are also unsanctioned by Tiktok and might stop working whenever TikTok updates its software.
Furthermore, some of these apps do not remove watermarks. Instead, they simply save the watermark-free videos without letting you download the content.
Also, you might be able to download apps for free apps, but they come with advertisements or ask you to pay before use. Most apps offer subscriptions ranging from $5 to $20 a month, which could be cheaper if you opt for yearly subscriptions.
However, you must be careful and read several reviews because some services are overpriced with fake reviews. Here are the steps on how to use a watermark-removing app.
- Download the app of choice from the application store.
- Open your app. You might need to pay before using it, or you can utilize a free trial.
- Add your video by copying the link from TikTok.
- Once you open the remover again, the video will automatically upload itself.
- After this, you can download the video without a watermark by pressing “Save.”
- Depending on the app you use, you might be able to add hashtags, modify captions, or even schedule posts to your account.
Utilize a Video Editing Tool
Lastly, you can opt for a video editing tool such as Video Eraser. These tools work by replacing the watermark with graphics from the sounding area. That said, this is the most complicated method on this list.
Therefore, it is advisable that you try other options before this one. Similar to apps that remove watermarks, these tools also have a “free” version that annoys you with ad and in-app purchase requirements.
So, if you do not have a problem with these conditions, here is how to use a video editing tool.
- Import your video into the app.
- Press “Remove watermark” on the menu list.
- Select the watermark. Remember that most tools only let you remove a single watermark at a go. This is because TikTok watermarks move around the video. Hence, you need to perform this method more than once.
- Save the edited video.
- Open the saved video.
- Select the second area of the watermark.
- Save the video again.
- Export the video to the Photos app
- Examine your video and ensure you are happy with the results. This is because you might see blurry areas on the video, but it might not be noticeable.
Well, there you have it—four ways to remove watermarks from TikTok videos. You might know how to remove TikTok watermark, but are you using these tips ethically? If you want to grow your account organically, you must stick to the original content you can be proud of. That said, if you have pure motives for using these tools, hopefully, the guide in this article can help.