TikTok is gaining a lot of momentum on the internet. This social media platform that houses 60-second videos is becoming the craze. Millions download TikTok every month.
If you don’t have a TikTok account yet, you’ve still probably encountered some videos from TikTok as they are being reshared on other social media sites. You might even like them so much that you’d want a copy for yourself.
How to Download TikTok Videos
Luckily for TikTok users, the platform has conveniently provided a way to download the videos right in the app. The only setback to this method is that there is a logo watermark that constantly wiggles in the video.
Here’s how to download videos via the TikTok app:
- Open and log in to your TikTok account.
- Choose the video you want to download.
- Tap on Share Video. If you don’t see this option, the account must be set to private and users are not allowed to download their videos.
- Select Save Video. The video will be automatically saved to your device. It’s that easy!
Keep in mind that private accounts you follow will let you see their videos, but downloading videos is against the owner’s wishes. So, be mindful of this when trying to download videos from TikTok. Respect their privacy and just be thankful you’re one of the lucky ones who are permitted to watch their uploads.
When your favorite TikTok influencers go live, you are allowed to save those precious moments. Good news is that you can do it directly in the app. There will just be a small static logo on the bottom of the video that isn’t much of a distraction.
Unfortunately, downloading live videos is only available for iPhone users for now. For those of you who can, just follow the easy steps below.
Here’s how you can download a Live TikTok video:
- Open and log in to your TikTok account.
- Look for the live video you want to download.
- Tap Share, and then select Live Photo. This will save the video on your iPhone as a Live Photo.
- Open your Photos app and look for the “video” in the Live Photos.
- Select it and choose Share, and then tap the Save as Video option. This will convert the live photo into a video that you can watch over and over again.
How to Download Videos Without the Watermark
If you’re tired of looking at the distracting watermark on videos, there are ways you can avoid them. There are two methods on how to save TikTok without the watermark.
One method is to use a website to download TikTok videos. They will remove the irritating watermark and give you the clean version of the video all for free! You can do this process using any mobile phone or a PC.
Here’s how to download videos without a watermark:
- On your TikTok app, choose the video you want to download and tap the Share button and then select Copy link. If you’re using a PC, copy the URL of the video from the browser address bar.
- Open any web browser and go to MusicallyDown.
- Paste the link you copied in the textbox then hit Download button.
- On the next page, choose to Download the type of content you want: MP4 or MP3 format.
- A notification box will appear where you can rename and choose where to save the file. Click Save to start your download.
The other method will require you to install a free third-party app on your mobile device. The apps are available on the respective marketplaces of mobile operating systems so you can be sure that they are safe to use and does not contain any malicious software.
When using this method, you have to first download the video you want from TikTok. Then the mobile apps will remove the watermarks that are present in the video.
For Android mobile users, follow these steps:
- Go to the Google Playstore and install the Remove & Add Watermark app.
- Open the app and select the video you just downloaded from TikTok.
- Choose remove the watermark.
- Using the rectangle tool, indicate the spot where the mark to be removed is. This part will be blurred and the pixels will blend into the background.
- Select the duration you want the watermark to be removed, which would most likely be the whole length of the video.
- Press the Save button then wait for the process to finish.
For iOS users, here are the steps:
- Go to the App Store and install the Video Eraser app.
- Open the app and tap More, and then choose Crop video to remove watermark.
- Select the video you downloaded from TikTok to import it to the app.
- Choose the aspect ratio for the video, and then adjust the grid until the watermarked area is out of the frame.
- Hit Export and wait for your video to be processed.
It’s very easy to get a copy of your favorite TikTok videos without watermarks. However, if you’re planning to share the clean videos, make sure to give proper credits to the owners. Trying to be TikTok famous by sharing pirated videos is not good practice.
The proper way of gaining followers is by choosing your target audience, making your own quality content, and increasing your visibility by using our organic TikTok grow service that provides you a dedicated account manager to ensure you get the best results.
- Effective Social Media Advertising and Brand Management - October 2, 2023
- Boosting Social Media Engagement: Strategies and Solutions - October 2, 2023
- Mastering Social Media Reputation & Damage Control - October 2, 2023