TikTok has so far been the most downloaded app this year and has been downloaded over 1.2 billion times since it hit the Play Store and the App Store. TikTok has the most monthly active users among all social media platforms with a whopping 689 million users a month! If there is a place you want to be famous in these days, it’s TikTok. Uncover how to go viral on TikTok and the world will be yours for the taking.
Going viral on TikTok grants you every benefit TikTok has to offer; the global reach, the worldwide fame, and the access to an absurdly lucrative payoff. Whatever it is that you are trying to build, TikTok is the platform for you! Master these effective hacks GrowTok has conveniently put together for you and achieve the viral status you have always dreamed of for your TikTok.
The TikTok Algorithm; What it is and How to Build a TikTok Account Around it in 2021
Understanding the TikTok algorithm is the important first step towards going viral. So, what is an Algorithm? An algorithm is an instruction that a program refers back to with every situation it encounters. Tiktok’s algorithm is an if-then causality that governs its program’s output. To illustrate this simply, TikTok’s algorithm follows something like: IF you do this, THEN TikTok makes your post more visible. TikTok videos that gain more visibility get you follows and likes. Viral.
There used to be just one main algorithm TikTok followed and that is the “For You Page.” If a user used the #ForYouPage, or the #FYP, then TikTok prioritizes you into every user’s feed. This old algorithm also made you piggyback on the success of the most popular TikTokers by doing duets or recreating their viral videos. This is a second-degree effect to the original poster’s usage of the For You Page algorithm. It was simpler back then. Now, TikTok has upgraded and updated its algorithm and there are now several ways the algorithm will deem you qualified for more TikTok exposure.
New Updates in the TikTok Algorithm and how to Hack Them
The newer, updated algorithm does not solely rely on the For You Page anymore. Take note of the new changes in the algorithm and keep your TikTok game sharp. Taking advantage of the TikTok algorithm has been the key to the success of all TikTok Personalities. They have mastered how it works and have based their actions on this algorithm to get TikTok followers to millions and garner their videos millions of views and likes. Here are the hacks to make sure the new TikTok Algorithm works in your favor and sees your posts as viral-worthy.
1. The more people finish viewing your whole video post, the more exposure TikTok will give you to other users!
- Give your viewers a reason to stick around and watch your videos all the way to the end! Hook them in with a catchy description and an interesting start to make viewers watch all the way through to the end. Videos with a play length of 7-13 seconds still have the best chance of being watched all the way through.
- Increase the video length of your posts as you gain more followers.
2. The new TikTok algorithm gives more exposure to videos that it thinks has an audience for.
- Create content that is trending within your niche or category! If your content is not broadly trending on TikTok, you should not post it. You need to look at the top creators and the top hashtags in your niche. Recreate them, stitch them, duet them, just make sure that your content is based on what is trending.
3. The Discover Page is now as important as the For You Page.
- Find what is trending on the Discover Page! In this new update, look for what new effects TikTok has. TikTok will prioritize promoting your profile and TikTok videos because you make use of the new effects they roll out. Also, take all the hashtags, new sounds, and content on the Discover page and use them in your video posts.
4. The Playlist Feature Update will grow your TikTok following greatly.
- Have playlists for your content that share a similar topic. This grouping will allow users to binge on your content and this will give views to not just your more popular videos but will also allow all your other older content to get a delayed explosion. Your 2 or 3-month old videos will again be relevant again and get back on the For You Page and will skyrocket the number of views and follows that you have.
New TikTok Musts to Go Viral in 2021
1. Increase Video Length with Success.
- Once you have success with getting a good number of views, gradually increase your content’s video length because this will pay dividends in the future.
- TikTok has now rolled out the 3-minute video, so slowly work up to being the TikToker that can successfully post 3-minute long videos.
2. Keep the Old Successful Habits.
- Use famous music.
- Target your niche more than the broad TikTok multiverse.
- Recreate/reenact other popular videos.
- Duet and stitch content of popular TikTok personalities.
- Have a strategic use of proper hashtags.
3. In TikTok, Watch Time is King!
- This new update prioritizes exposure and monetizes watch time more than anything else. The more people watching your whole, entire video, the more people are going to view your content.
- More views of the entire video will lead to more followers. More followers, more viral.
- 7-13 second long videos must have a watch time of 100%.
- 16-30 second videos must have a watch time of 70%.
- Videos over 30 seconds should have a 40 to 50%.
4. Practice your hooks!
- These hooks should reel in your viewers in the beginning 3 seconds of your videos.
- These convince viewers to stick around and watch your videos to the end.
- Make them unique so viewers will remember you and grow familiar with your style.
5. Get Some Much Needed Help from a TikTok Growth Service.
- Enroll and use a TikTok growth service that has fair terms of service and does not ask for your TikTok account password.
- This is an automated way to getting more followers in your specific niche preferences that ensures more interaction and engagement with your TikTok content.
6. Go Live!
- Going live immediately gets you a ton of followers a ton of new views.
- Going live is all about getting new people to watch your content. If they like what they see, they click like and follow.
7. Prioritize Using Viral Sounds/Popular Sound Over Original Sound.
- A TikTok creator using viral or famous sound on their videos will be given more exposure over videos with original sound. Remember that in TikTok, trending is key.
8. Know How Often to Post.
- Post at least 4-6 times a day. 6-9 times daily on the weekends.
- 2 or 3 of these posts are stitches, 2 or 3 of them should be duets and 1-3 of them should be original content.
9. Repost Old videos!
- The latest algorithm favors reposted old videos.
- Do not delete the original video.
- Do not make the original video private.
- Just remember to change the description, reupload it with a watermark, and use new hashtags.
- Do not repost the same video more than 4 times.
10. Know When to Post.
- On the weekends, post from 10 AM to 10 PM.
- On weekdays, post from: 10 AM to 12 noon, 2 PM to 3 PM, 4 PM to 4 PM, and 7 PM to 11 PM
- Post according to the time zone you are in and not strictly United States time.
- To get a more in-depth view on when to post, see your analytics, and check when a past popular video you made went viral and base your posting schedule on that.
11. Keep Updated with Current Events.
- It pays to update yourself with current events because these are relatable to the broad TikTok viewership.
- A successful original video on a trending current event appealing and relatable to everyone. Something with that broad appeal always has the potential to go viral because of its relatability.
12. Edit your Videos with Other Editing software outside TikTok.
- Editing on TikTok can sometimes be limiting.
- Use editing apps that allow editing videos from other social media platforms.
- These apps have a convenient option to publish videos directly to your TikTok.
13. Use the New Features TikTok Rolls Out.
- The new TikTok algorithm rewards users who use new features by giving these users more exposure.
This is Just the Beginning!
Although TikTok has surpassed all other social media platforms in reach, TikTok is just getting started. As TikTok grows and evolves into what it will eventually stabilize as users should match the app’s pace by adapting to its ever-changing algorithm. This is the only way to stay ahead of the TikTok game and have a lengthy and lucrative TikTok career.
- What Does the Chair Emoji Mean on TikTok? - May 31, 2023
- What Does OPP Mean on TikTok? - May 31, 2023
- What Does Mid Mean on TikTok? - May 31, 2023