It is possible to become popular on TikTok overnight and for your content to reach millions of people before everything comes to a grinding halt abruptly. The number of views and interactions declines, leaving you to wonder what happened to your minutes of fame.
One of the reasons for this is that you have been shadowbanned. While it is not a pleasant experience, it might teach you a few things about the platform.
So, in order to resolve this issue quickly and get you back on track to TikTok growth, we will discover how to get unshadowbanned on TikTok.
Continue reading our detailed guide for all the other tips and tricks.
And when you’re finished, take a look at our other TikTok guides:
- How to Block Annoying Sounds on TikTok
- Why Can’t I Go Live on TikTok?
- Will TikTok Ever Be Banned in the US?
Table of Contents
What does “shadowbanned” mean?
While this may appear to be a difficult term to grasp, it is actually rather easy. Shadowbanning or ghost banning implies that your content has been banned from the platform but you have not been notified, hence the term “shadowbanned.”
Because there are algorithms that govern the quality of information on TikTok, this can happen for a variety of reasons. If anything violates the community standards and conditions of use, it is prohibited.
Here are a few reasons why you could face a ban:
- Offensive content – Most TikTok users are removed because they have uploaded something that is inappropriate. This is against the rules of the community guidelines and generally relates to nudity, violence, hate speech, and narcotics. Make sure you respect the community rules and only submit suitable stuff.
This will not only protect you from being banned, but will also help you gain more followers, likes, and comments, all of which will contribute to the growth of your account.
- Spam behavior – New users have a propensity to get too excited with likes and follows, making them appear to bots as spam accounts.
Take your time building your TikTok account, and avoid following too many content creators on the same day. While you may believe that following and liking TikTok content is the greatest way to promote your ideas, this might be detrimental in the long term.
How long is the TikTok shadowban?
TikTok first banned the content creator for 24 hours. This prohibition period, however, has grown in length over time and now often lasts around two weeks or more.
This method of regulating content on the network has both positive and negative aspects. While it does safeguard the viewers from unsuitable and adult content, the bots sometimes make mistakes, costing legitimate content providers their audience and money.
The shadowban can be lifted at any time, and while the process is mainly determined by the current algorithm, there are a few things you can do to speed things up.
Can you get permanently banned from TikTok?
Yes, this is one of the possible outcomes on TikTok.
If you are repeatedly banned for uploading inappropriate content or if you are underage, your account will be permanently disabled. If this ban is unintentional, you may contact TikTok support and provide proof that you are not a child by giving some kind of identification.
How to know if you are shadowbanned?
Because you will not receive a notification, this is the most difficult aspect of being banned on this social media platform. You may notice that your views are decreasing and that you are not gaining as many followers as you once did.
This may be disastrous for someone who makes a living by content uploading and earning money on TikTok.
You may detect a ban because:
- Your content is not showing up on any FYP – This is generally noticed by other TikTok users, who will notify you so that you can focus more on the issue.
- Your content is not showing up in searches – You may check to see whether your content is showing up by searching the tags you included in your videos. Your account may be banned if there are no posts from it.
- You’re receiving a lot less feedback on your posts – All authors who put in the time and effort experience consistent engagement rates on their content. You may have an issue if you have a decrease in the audience.
How to get Unshadowbanned on TikTok?
We can develop a strong plan to get your account unshadowbanned and back on track for TikTok growth now that we are aware of the possibility of being banned on TikTok.
Here are a few options for resolving the situation:
- Revise your content – If you believe you may be banned due to community violations, you should go over your postings and eliminate the problematic ones. This will notify the platform that you are aware of the issue and that you are making progress. There is no guarantee that any action will instantly unban your account; however, certain measures have proven to be more effective than others.
- Clear the cache – TikTok, like any other app, has a cache memory that has to be cleaned on a regular basis. While this would not lift the prohibition, it may expedite your approval.
- Uninstall the app – Deleting the program and installing it again has also worked for some people. Again, this will not immediately lift the ban, but it will help since the program will be updated and any unintentional glitches will be removed especially if you are a first-time shadowban.
- Take a pause – After you’ve completed all of the ideas for improving the issue, you should give it some time. Your account may be shadowbanned for up to two weeks before it is unshadowbanned. In the meantime, work on fresh post ideas.
- Switch to a Business account – This will give you a better view of your metrics and may help you spot a shadowban sooner in the future.
- Post original content – Once your ban is removed, you may resume generating outstanding and viral content. Keep in mind that you might be banned numerous times, so use our instructions to avoid this.
This app has evolved into so much more than a place to have some fun on the internet. Using this method, you’ll be able to make money while also extending your reach across all social networks.
Be careful with your posts, and keep them engaging while staying away from sensitive content.
- Effective Social Media Advertising and Brand Management - October 2, 2023
- Boosting Social Media Engagement: Strategies and Solutions - October 2, 2023
- Mastering Social Media Reputation & Damage Control - October 2, 2023