TikTok is currently one of the biggest social media platforms, with over 3 billion app downloads globally. It’s also one of the most diverse services, with features that captivate the users, help them express their creativity, and hook them instantly. One of those features is Duet, which has been around for a while. If you don’t know what it is or how to duet a TikTok video, stick around.
In this article, we go in-depth and tell you all you have to learn about duets. We have prepared detailed guides that will help you explore the feature and share awesome content with your followers. You’ll also figure out how to enable and disable it for the videos that you post on your feed.
What Is A TikTok Duet?
What is a TikTok duet, and how can you recognize it? Duet is a video on the platform that merges two videos, an original one and a second version right next to it. Thus, the screen is divided into two halves, and you can see both videos simultaneously. What’s even more interesting is that TikTok allows you to collaborate with other users on videos they post, with your own videos, and stimulate others to do duets with content you post.
Will a duet help you become famous on TikTok? There is no secret formula that will gain you views and followers overnight, but creating a duet can be very beneficial. The goal of this feature is for users to collaborate and help each other get more followers. It doesn’t matter if you team up with another TikToker or encourage others to duet your video; it will definitely boost your numbers and increase your engagement.
How to Duet a TikTok Video? Step-By-Step Guide
When you want to duet a video with another user, you should first choose some video. There is so much fun content on this app, and you’ll have a hard time choosing just one. You can start your search by typing in words such as ‘duets’ or ‘duet with me.’ You can also find user videos by scrolling on your For You page or scrolling through the Discover section.
Do a Duet With Another User
Once you find a video on TikTok that you want to do a duet with, here’s what you should do.
- Click on the video to open it.
- Find the sharing button located on the right side of the screen and tap on it.
- You’ll see a Duet button on the bottom left part of the screen; tap on it. This button only appears if you’ve enabled the Duet option.
- A new screen will load, and you’ll see a red button in the bottom middle part of it. Now it’s time to start recording your section of the duet. Hold the button and work your magic.
- On the left part of the screen, there are several buttons that you can use to edit your duet. You can choose various effects, filters, and much more. As you can see, this is a very innovative feature that gives you a lot of space to get creative.
- When you’re done, tap on “Next”.
- You can now add a title and a description to your video.
- Tap on “Post” to share it on your profile.
Do a Duet With Yourself
Did you know that you can also duet with your original video? It’s definitely a fun feature all TikTok users should try out. Here are the simple steps to follow:
- Tap on the TikTok app to open it.
- Tap on the “Me” section located in the bottom right part of the screen, then choose the video you want to duet.
- Tap on the “Share” button located on the right-hand part of the screen.
- When you do, a “Duet” button will appear, and you should tap on it.
- Once again, a new screen will load with a red button at the bottom. Tap on it to start recording your video.
- You’ll see all the tools you can use on the left part, including text, filters, and effects.
- When you’re done, tap on the “Next” button.
- To finish off, title the video and add a description.
- Now all that’s left for you to do is to tap on “Post”, and you’ll share the duet on your profile.
Enable the Duet Feature
Disabled duets is another thing to know about. You might have noticed that you can’t do a duet with some videos. That’s because the owner has disabled the feature, and the Duet button won’t appear on those videos. The owner is the only person that can turn this feature on or off according to their wishes. Here’s how you can enable the feature for your account:
- Open the TikTok application on your phone.
- Tap on the “Me” button at the bottom right part of the screen.
- Tap on “Privacy”.
- Choose the “Who Can Duet With Your Videos” option.
- Select one of the offered settings.
You can also change the settings for each video, and here’s how to do it:
- First, open the TikTok application on your phone.
- Tap on the “Me” button on the bottom right.
- Select the video, then tap on the three dots.
- Select “Privacy Settings”.
- You can now either turn on or off the Allow Duet feature.
If you or your business are trying to go viral on TikTok, Duets is one of the best features to try. Filming these videos is so fun and can deliver a significant increase in your numbers. Combined with a great TikTok growth service, you can rise to fame and earn a substantial income. Teaming up with other TikTokers, or encouraging your followers to do a duet with your videos means more exposure, higher engagement, sales, and more followers.
This platform allows you to enable or disable the Duet option. In addition, you can select which videos are eligible for duet and which are not. If you follow our guides, you’ll learn how to duet a TikTok video with yourself or another user. It only takes a few tries to get it done, and there is no doubt that it will become your favorite feature.