Filming fun TikTok videos can take you to stardom. This is currently one of the top trending social platforms, where you can have fun and earn money at the same time. The first username that you receive after signing up is too complicated, so the chances are you want to use a different one. If you’re new to this app, you probably want to know how to change your TikTok username.
Thankfully, the process is quite simple and will take you a few minutes. Before we share our comprehensive guide, take a look at why this username matters.
Table of Contents
Why Does the Username Matter?
TikTok is one of the fastest-growing platforms globally, with over 689 active monthly users and over 2 billion app downloads. Most people don’t even bother choosing a great username, but here’s why your choice is important.
If you’re creating a TikTok account just for fun and not planning to promote your profile and get more followers, the username you choose doesn’t really matter. But, if your goal is to gain TikTok followers and views, you should be strategic with the username.
The main goal of this name is for people to remember it and to be able to find you easily. The first name that you’ll get when you sign up is generated by this social media platform and is made of only numbers. This is a complicated name none of your followers will remember, so they won’t even try to find your profile and check your content.
You should opt for a short username that is not complex and one that pops into your followers’ minds right away. It can be your name or anything that you’re recognizable for.
How To Change TikTok Username In 9 Simple Steps
Changing your account password on this platform is a straightforward thing; however, if it’s your first time doing it, you might be confused. That’s why you should follow our step-by-step guide that will take you through the process.
- The first thing you need to do is open the TikTok app.
- Next, put in your current username and password to log in.
- Once you’re in, you’ll see a “Me” button located in the bottom right corner of your screen. This will lead you to your profile page.
- Tap on the Edit profile button that is located in the middle of the page.
- You can now see a bar that says Username where your current name is written. Tap on it so that you can write your new name.
- Delete the current name, and type your new username. Don’t forget that you can only add letters, numbers, periods, and underscores to the name.
- Once you’ve written it, the platform will check whether this name is available in their database. All social media accounts need to have a unique name, so yours shouldn’t be the same as someone else’s.
- If the chosen name is not unique, the platform will deliver a notification on the top of the screen that the name is not available. This means that you should try other options until you find one that is unused.
- When you see a green check mark next to the name, that means you’re good to go. Now all you need to do is tap on the Save button located in the top right corner of your phone screen. And voilà, you’ve got yourself a new username!
Another thing you need to know is that this platform only allows TikTok users to change their names only once every 30 days. In other words, if you picked a name that you don’t like you’ll have to wait 30 days before you can use a different one. This is why you should be very careful when choosing one and make sure that you don’t make any typing mistakes. You don’t want to end up with a weird username for the next month that no one likes.
Will A Good Username Guarantee You More Followers?
A good username on this platform doesn’t guarantee you more TikTok followers. Hard work and great content will. However, if you’ve found yourself stuck with the same number of followers and views for a while, you might need an organic growth service such as GrowTok to give you a boost.
We target an organic audience that will engage with your content and are interested in your niche. GrowTok is also the number 1 organic TikTok growth service that assigns an entire team to your account and 24/7 customer service. Check out our packages and let us know if you have any questions.
Changing your username is not hard or complicated; all you need to do is follow the steps of our guide. Since TikTok is not available on your web browser, you will need to open the app on your phone. The entire process won’t take more than a few minutes.
Choosing a good name is essential because it will help your followers find you in a matter of seconds. No one remembers complicated and long names that they can barely type. Opt for a short version that is easy to remember!
Although a good username can positively influence your engagement, you should leave the TikTok follower growth to professionals like us!
- Navigating Social Media Trends: Graphics, Ideas, Copywriting - September 5, 2023
- Strategies for Maximizing Social Media Impact, Better Advertising, Engagement, and Follower Growth - September 5, 2023
- Mastering Social Media Strategy: Ads, Analytics, Engagement - September 5, 2023